About This File
The mod adds a self-writing fullscreen map to your Minecraft client. Works as a separate mod but is a lot better with Xaero's Minimap. The reason why it's available separately is to keep Xaero's Minimap as light-weight as possible.
The mod is in beta testing stage. The testing is open so anyone can download and try the mod out. Please report any bugs that you encounter or otherwise they won't get fixed. Use PM to report bugs.
The mod is available for Minecraft versions 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.9.4, 1.10, 1.10.2 and 1.11.
Install by dropping the jar into the Minecraft Forge's mods folder, as usual. A step-by-step guide is available on the download page.
- Self-writing world map. Different for every world/dimension/server.
- Works in Singleplayer, Multiplayer and on Realms.
- Interactive interface. Open by pressing M. Move the map around with your mouse and zoom in/out using the mouse wheel, similar to Google Maps.
- Automatic MultiWorld / Lilypadded servers support.
- Minecraft Realms support (also with MultiWorld support).
- Texture Pack support. Changing the texture packs updates the whole world map and not just the new chunks.
- Cave dimensions support (similar to Nether).
- Vanilla maps mode. Makes the world map look like vanilla paper maps.
- Terrain texture customization.
- "Footsteps" showing your most recent path.
- Optional performance boosters.
- Xaero's Minimap integration. The minimap mod will display chunks loaded by the world map. The world map mod will display waypoints from the Xaero's Minimap.
- Aesthetic feel and look of vanilla Minecraft.
- Runs smoother than most minimap mods.
- 2 mod editions: full and fair-play. Full version does not have any limits. Fair-play version does not display any entities or cave maps which is more suitable for public PVP servers.
- 2 colour modes: Vanilla, which uses the colours of vanilla Minecraft maps and Accurate, which uses the colours of block textures.
- Terrain texture customization.
- Compatible with Xaero's World Map and can use the chunks loaded by the world map instead of it's own.
- Option to limit your Minimap usage by binding it to an item that you'll need to have in your hotbar in order for the minimap show up. For example, add minimapItemId:minecraft:compass anywhere in the config file to bind it to compass.
- Multiple languages.
- Ability to lock north.
- Works both above and under ground.
- Togglable chunk grid.
- Togglable slime chunks mode.
- Cave maps.
- Waypoints. Infinite amount. Can be teleported to (permission needed). Press B to create a new waypoint. Press U to list all the waypoints.
- In-game waypoints. Waypoints will also be visible in-game. Can be disabled.
- Deathpoints. An automatic waypoint is created on each death.
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots. Customizable in the settings. Hostile and friendly mobs can be coloured differently.
- Displays players on the map as white dots or player heads. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays items on the map as red dots. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays all the other entities such as arrows and item frames as purple dots (Different types of entities can be disabled in mod settings). Customizable in the settings.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Coordinates under the minimap.
- Current biome under the minimap.
- Configurable settings. From minimap size to entity amount. Press Y ingame to open.
- Edit mode which lets you move the minimap whereever you desire.
- Make sure you have the latest Forge Mod installed and that you have run the game at least once with a Forge profile
Download and unzip the files to your Minecraft mods folder
- Open your Minecraft launcher and go to edit profile. Press the "Open Game Dir" button down below.
Start your minecraft launcher and start the game using the "forge" profile.